Walk For Positive Life 2018
17 / 11 / 2018
PLA organised a "Walk For Positive Life 2018" Charity Walkathon Carnival at Pak Shek Kok Promenade, Tai Po on November 17, 2018, to raise funds for establishing an innovative and technological kindergarten for children "with learning disabilities". The event has concluded successfully.
Sincere thanks to committee members and team members for their active promotion and preparation before the event and for their arrival at the South Square of Pak Shek Kok Promenade, Tai Po in the early morning on that day to help decorate the venue and prepare for the various activities.
Sincere thanks to the following two guests：
- Ms. Eugina Lau (PLA Ambassador)
- Mr. Chen Guoqiang (Vice President, Federation of Parent-Teacher Associations, Tai Po District)
Sincere thanks to the following two service groups：
- The Hong Kong Scout 113th Kowloon Group of Mary Rose School
- Hong Kong Red Cross
Sincere thanks for the sponsorship / support from the following companies / institutions and schools：
- Excellent Power Industrial Limited
- Arredamenti Company Limited
- Hong Kong Ocean Park
- Zenz Organic Hair Hong Kong
- SHTB Racewalk Association
- Federation of Parent-Teacher Association, Tai Po District
- Agency For Volunteer Service
- Fanling Government Secondary School
- Yi Yi Learning Centre
- The Australia Institute of Building (Hong Kong Chapter)
- The Hong Kong Institution of Engineering Surveyors
- Social Resources Development Institute
- Hong Kong Institute of Planning Engineers
- Hong Kong Institute of Construction Managers
- The Hong Kong Mediation Alliance
- Plumbing Technology Student Association
Sincere thanks to the Head of the "SHTB Racewalk Association" for demonstrating racewalk at the venue.
Heartfelt thanks to those who participated in the parent-child, secondary school and adult charity races.
Sincere thanks to the performing guests as follows：
1. Taekwondo performance：
- Tin Shing Dojang
- The Centre for Active Ageing and Community Inclusion for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities
- Lok Chi Association（Class of Taekwondo）
- The Hong Kong Joint Council of Parents of the Mentally Handicapped (Class of Taekwondo)
- Hong Kong Para Taekwondo Association
2. Sing–AXA Hong Kong Worship Team
3. Violin recital – Mr. Tang Ho Yin
4. Performance of Rouliqiu – Wong Hoi Yeung
Sincere thanks to co-workers and volunteers for operating the two game stalls on the day: "Funny Photography" and "Twist Balloons".
Heartfelt thanks to Ms. Eugina Lau for donating 30 copies of her latest book "Ownership of Loss".
Sincere thanks to Ms. Verna Man, a committee member, for donating hand-made soaps as gifts for two consecutive years (2017 and 2018).
Sincere thanks all you enthusiastic fundraisers. Whether you were participants in the Walkathon or donors, you have rendered strong support to the Association.
Although the amount raised by this Charity Walkathon Carnival was only about HK$180,000, which fell short of our goal of HK$220 million necessary for our school project, your strong support has given us the will to persist in our quest for funds to build the innovative and technological kindergarten to provide appropriate education for children with "learning disabilities".
We have been taking the following steps as planned:
1. We have in October 2018 submitted the architectural plans of the school to the Lands Department and other relevant departments for approval (that would take 7 to 9 months)
2. We have held the Charity Walkathon Carnival on November 17, 2018 to raise funds for the construction of the kindergarten and the related costs
3. We are planning to continue to raise funds for the construction of kindergartens and related costs in the first and second quarters of 2019
4. We are actively planning to start the construction of the school premises in the third quarter of 2019
We earnestly hope that our supporters would continue to "walk" with us for the sake of "children with learning disabilities"!